- Keep your nails clean and dry.
- Avoid soaking your nails for a long time.
- Use hand moisturizer.
- Trim and file nails just after bathing.
- Trim and file nails regularly.
- Cut your nails directly across, after that round their tips in a smooth curve.
- Avoid the use of nails as tools to poke, pick, or pry things.
- Do not bite fingernails.
- Apply nail polish to keep up moisture in nails.
- Restrict nail polish removers. Do not use them more than once a week.
- If you need to use nail polish remover, use an acetone-free one.
- Do not peel or scrape nail polish.
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet.
Fungal Nail Infections