31st to 34th weeks of pregnancy (29th to 32nd weeks of gestation)
- The baby starts storing calcium, iron, and phosphorus.
- The baby has well-developed, soft, and flexible bones.
- The amount of body fat is increased rapidly during this period.
- The lungs are not well-developed.
- The baby has rhythmical breathing movements.
- The finger nails are well-developed.
35th to 36th weeks of pregnancy (33rd to 34th weeks of gestation)
- The lungs are almost well-developed now.
- Reflexes of the baby are well-coordinated.
- The mother may feel contractions of the abdomen.
38th week of pregnancy (36th week of gestation)
- The baby has smooth skin due to underlying fat layer.
- Fine lanugo hair disappears gradually.
- The baby may reach its birth position in this stage.
39th to 42nd weeks of pregnancy (37th to 40th weeks of gestation)
- The baby has small breast buds.
- The scalp hair becomes thicker and coarse.
- The nails grow beyond the finger tips.
- Fine lanugo hair remains on the arms and shoulders.
- The baby is fully developed now and ready to go.
About Pregnancy: Symptoms and Diagnosis of Pregnancy
About Pregnancy: How a Baby Is Conceived?
About Pregnancy: How to Manage Your Weight?
About Pregnancy: Benefits of Exercise During Pregnancy and Cautions
About Pregnancy: Pregnancy by Weeks - Part 1
About Pregnancy: Pregnancy by Weeks – Part 2
About Pregnancy: Pregnancy by Weeks – Part 3
About Pregnancy: Pregnancy by Weeks – Part 4