23rd to 25th weeks of pregnancy (21st to 23rd weeks of gestation)
- Fat tissues of the baby start to store fat.
- Bone marrow produces blood cells.
- The lower airways of the lungs develop gradually.
26th week of pregnancy (24th week of gestation)
- Fingerprints and footprints are developing.
- The baby has well-formed hands.
- The baby has the startle reflex.
- Eye parts, eyebrows, and eyelashes are well-developed now.
- Air sacs of the lungs develop.
Startle reflex: If the baby feels a sense of falling or hears a loud noise, he will straighten out the arms, legs, open the fingers and curve the back. Then the baby will squeeze the fists and pull the arms to his chest.
27th to 30th weeks of pregnancy (25th to 28th weeks of gestation)
- The baby opens the eyes during this period.
- The baby can shut and open the eyelids.
- Despite the respiratory system is still immature, the lungs have developed enough to exchange gases.
- The central nervous system can control some functions of the body.
- The brain develops rapidly.
About Pregnancy: Symptoms and Diagnosis of Pregnancy
About Pregnancy: How a Baby Is Conceived?
About Pregnancy: How to Manage Your Weight?
About Pregnancy: Benefits of Exercise During Pregnancy and Cautions
About Pregnancy: Pregnancy by Weeks - Part 1
About Pregnancy: Pregnancy by Weeks – Part 2
About Pregnancy: Pregnancy by Weeks – Part 3
About Pregnancy: Pregnancy by Weeks – Part 4